|If I stare long enough, maybe they will rearrange themselves!|
Decisions I made tonight, in between pulling my hair out
1. The three fabrics pictured below do not work in the quilt and have been pulled. The black creates a hole in every block it's placed in. I initially thought I needed to integrate black pieces since I'm planning to use black as the sashing and border but I've changed my mind. The green isn't a perfect match and I found this visually jarring. The yellow and orange print feels too modern beside the other, more retro prints. I've left the solid mustard and red pieces in for now because I think having solids in the blocks gives your eyes a place to rest.
3. These here strips are from the original jelly roll and I wasn't planning on using them because, as you can see, each strip actually has four different prints in it. But again, I need options and I like that they are each only one colour (and white).
Here is the layout of my quilt as of right now. There are holes as you can see and I haven't cut some of the strips because I have limited quantities of some of them and I don't want to cut, say, a four and a half inch strip and then later wish I had a six and a half inch strip instead.