Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fabric Frenzy

When I checked my mail today I had a delightful surprise. My fabric from HoneyBeeHumble had arrived!

I ordered an Alphabet panel from American Jane for Moda to use as the back of the quilt I'm making for Levi. You know, the one I'm having so much trouble deciding on a layout for? My most recent plan is to scrap  the Sugar Baby pattern altogether and use my Punctuation strips to make a Stacked Coin Quilt of some type.  The other two fabrics pictured are also from American Jane and are Pin Dot Mustard and Pin Dot Black Hat.

Levi and I also took a trip to The Workroom today to pick up some fabric for a special secret project I'm working on tonight and tomorrow. I don't want to give it away yet, but can to show you the FQ's I picked up.
From bottom to top: Modern Workshop, Oliver + S for Moda (I used the yellow/orange colourway as the backing for my Watch Me Grow Chart which reminds me - I was supposed to blog about finishing it in more detail.  Oops!I've just realized I); Outfoxed, Jewels in Purple; 1001 Peeps, Peeps Towers in Purple; Outfoxed, Jewels in Deep Purple; Outfoxed, Hedgehogs in Deep Purple; Kona Snow; Origins by BasicGrey, Graph Paper Kelp; 1001 Peeps, Peeps Scheherazade in Turquoise.  Huh. I guess I really love Lizzy House!

And last but certainly not least, I bought a charm pack of Flora. I hope to use this as the jumping off point for a QAL Bee Blocks and practice blocks.

Oh wait! I bought something else today. Two books. First, The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt: 55 Letters and the 111 Blocks they Inspired. Karyn of The Workroom is hosting a QAL which I plan to join.  I may use the Flora charms for these squares.  The other book I picked up is Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers. I'm still hoping to get into a Bee based on this book.

Okay, enough procrastinating! I am off to start cutting fabric for my top secret project.

1 comment: