Friday, May 27, 2011

Drop-out

Confession time.  I often see courses that I'd like to take, for myself or with Pumpkin.  Occasionally I sign up.  I go to the first week's class.  Sometimes I make it to the second week.  And then?  I don't go.  Not because I don't want to.  Okay, sometimes because I really don't want to but usually it's just because I'm lazy.  Or it's raining.  Or I'm running late and showing up late is rude (right?!).  Or it was a rough day at work and I'm bushed.  Or I'd rather be doing...something else.

I've "taken" ballroom dancing, prenatal yoga, Jewish perspectives on the environment, and most recently, baby and me music.  This morning I looked out the window and it was so gloomy.  Pumpkin was still sleeping.  I would have to take the bus to get there.  So I didn't go.  I always feel guilty for playing hookey.  But not guilty enough to ACTUALLY GO!

I REALLY want to learn to sew and I have signed up for a four week course.  I am determined to go to every single class.  I can do it.  No excuses this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment