Saturday, December 31, 2011

Be Right Back!

I'm currently out of town visiting family. I took the opportunity to check out the fabric stores here in Ottawa. A number of them were closed for the holidays which was disappointing. I visited Sew For It in Bells Corners. It had a huge stock, but didn't carry any of the more modern fabric lines. No Moda, Robert Kaufman, Riley Blake, Michael Miller. They also didn't cut fat quarters from the bolt which I found very strange for a quilt shop. What they did have was a ton of tone on tone prints, so I picked up a number of fabrics for my Farmer's Wife Quilt in teals, greens and blues.

The other shop I visited was Dragonfly Fabrics in Alta Vista. They had a more limited selection of fabrics but carried modern designs. My Mom bought me the adorable Eric Carle Hungry Caterpiller panel and border prints which I can't wait to quilt up into a wall hanging for Levi.

For some reason I'm unable to upload photos from my husband's laptop so I'm going to end this post here. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment