Monday, May 16, 2011

On the Hook

As soon as I discovered I was pregnant, I headed to Ravelry (the online gathering place for knitters and crochets) to hook up with other expecting knitters.  Ravelry has hundreds of active groups, each with a discussion board.  During my pregnancy, I was an active poster in the "We're Expecting?!" group, the "Homebirthing Mama's" group and the "Cloth Diapering Parents" group, but the women I feel most connected to are the ladies in the "Due in February" group.  They have become my friends and support system.  It's hard to believe that I've been communicating with them for almost an entire year now.  There are probably about twenty women who post regularly.  Our babies are all between three and four months old now and these women are my go-to peeps for any and all baby related questions.

One of our members delivered very early and her baby was born still.  Our group is making an collective afghan in memory of her daughter.  I contributed a square in March, but recently learned that we are a few short so I'm finishing up a second square today.  We learned that our friends favorite colour is purple.

Square #1 is the Tricolor Square by Jan Eaton.



Square #2 is just a simple granny square because I want to get it in the mail quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment